Friday, June 24, 2011

Bing Crosby and Judy Garland Sing Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

I listened to a delightful Bing Crosby radio show last night. Early December 1955. What struck me as very interesting is that while we now start Christmas right after Halloween, there was not much talk about the holiday yet, and Christmas was less than 3 weeks away. In fact, Bing says the song  was a big hit last year and it looks like it will be again this year, which tells me that the season for listening to holiday songs was still young.

Here is Bing and Judy Garland singing Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. I'd never heard this rendition before, and I really do immerse myself in Christmas songs well before Thanksgiving, so this little quirky gem was a wonderful find.

Listen:



You can listen to the whole show here:

No comments:

Post a Comment